Amateur or commercial exams are available by appointment only. If you schedule an exam but cannot make it, please notify the exam team as early as possible. Your consideration for the volunteers is appreciated.
Check in with security near the aft brow (near the stern). They or the VE team will escort you to the exam location.
If you’re ready to take an exam please contact us with your availability. We will try to accommodate you.
To schedule an exam or for further information, please email us here.
Free Practice Exams:
- nc4fb.org (Has study material, flash cards, practice exams – Amateur & Commercial)
- copaseticflows.appspot.com (Link under US flag. Login. Keeps track of progress.)
- aa9pw.com/commercial/ (Commercial practice exams.)
Printable Amateur Application Form 605: select here (This is optional, not required. Use if you wish to bring completed form.) Please use buff or ivory colored paper. Complete form on computer prior to printing.
- Amateur: $14. Applicants may take as many exam elements as they can successfully pass for the one fee. Another fee is charged to retake a failed examination.
- Commercial: $50 per sitting for the first 2 elements taken + $25 for each additional element.